Saturday, March 15, 2014

Random Acts of Kindness...Cow Cab Style


We reached the 6 month point of being in business on March 1, 2014. During this time we have transported a lot of people and a few pets.

Occasionally we are called on to deliver other items.
One night a local restaurant called in a panic, it seems that three times in a row they had not included French fries in a take out order to the same customer.  This time customer was irate. It was a cold night in January so I cranked the heater and carried the precious fries with heater fan blowing hottest air possible on the bag. Fries were delivered nice hot and fresh to a now slightly less than irate customer.
 
Several times we have been called to pick up a person and take them to a store and then return them back from whence they came. There are occasions when I see it would be less expensive & more efficient if we simple pick up the item and bring it to customer.  We have delivered YakTraxs, Birthday Cakes, party supplies, water, toilet paper, lost gloves, salt & traction sand, hardware supplies etc.


Last Sunday a guest at Comfort Inn called and needed an item from the hardware store to fix his snow machine.  He was stranded until repairs were completed and his snow travels could resume. I asked if I could pick up the part needed and bring it to him thus saving him a round trip fare and time, he agreed.  He only needed large Zip Ties to bandage together his machine for a temporary fix. He was grateful and we saved him money and time.


Also in January the parent of a NECI student called from Atlanta Georgia.  For his Son's birthday he had LaBrioche bakery make a beautiful chocolate cake. Only problem was how to get the cake to birthday boy as the bakery does not do deliveries.  You guessed it, I got to transport the delectable treat to a very surprised & happy 20 year old.  The father would have gladly paid for this service however as they were regular and generous customers I refused payment and did it as my little gift to the young Chef.

 
Several times customers have left gloves in the Cow Cab and we make sure to return them promptly.  One regular customer, a Physician who lives both in Philadelphia and East Montpelier, sent a text with a picture of lonely left glove. The  right glove was missing however I searched and it was not in our vehicle.  I knew she had visited several stores on both Main and State streets so I set out to locate the lost glove. In short order it was found perched atop the tree protection fence in front of Capitol Grounds coffee shop. On my next trip home to East Montpelier I dropped it off to her home. She was tickled at its return and asked what I wanted for my effort. I only asked for a cup of coffee to go and it was gladly provided.
 
More Cow Cab Tales to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment