Sunday, January 26, 2014

This Tale will be the first of many from Tim Bingham




During a recent residency at VCFA we had a regular customer from Southern California.  It was during one of our very cold weeks when we had dangerous icing conditions so she used our cabs daily in her trips from Capitol Plaza Hotel to and from College Hall. She was to graduate on a Tuesday 1/7/14 and on Sunday 1/5/14  we were to pick up her husband and parents at BTV for their ride to the hotel. Unfortunately thousands of flights were cancelled across the USA that week and theirs was among them. The family tried in vain to locate another flight yet none were available to get them here in time to be present at the students graduation ceremony.
 
A little voice told me to do something for this extraordinary woman who both John and I had come to respect and enjoy our conversations with.  For her final trip up to College hall prior to graduation we had a bouquet of white roses in the back seat.  When she got into Cow Cab and saw the roses she was beside herself with joy and appreciation.  I told her that these were from her husband and parents who could not get to Vermont for the ceremony. I was thanked profusely by her.  It was neat to do something small and to provide a little joy to her special day.
 
During our final trip together , Ann and I were talking about how we Vermonter's survive winter.  We talked about proper clothing, back up heating systems, staying socially active and then I told her that now I am using full spectrum light therapy daily. Who would have known what was to come next as she revealed that She and her husband were part owners of Nature Bright, a company which makes and markets full spectrum lights. I told her how I had considered bringing my desktop light with me in the Cow Cab and she said, oh no, I will send you the perfect unit for this situation.
 
Yesterday a small box was delivered by UPS and it is a battery operated full spectrum light unit called, Square One. It has so beautifully compact / portable. If while parked downtown you see me basking in a glow of healthy light you will now know how it all came about.
 
Ann and I will be discussing how we market this and other Nature Bright products right here in Montpelier.  It seems we do not have any downtown businesses that sell these type of lights.
Stay tuned for more Cow Cab Tales...


No comments:

Post a Comment